- Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV, GLS SUV, the C-Class Sedan, and the GLE Coupe SUV are currently manufactured in Tuscaloosa County.
- When announced in 1993, MBUSI was the first Mercedes passenger vehicle assembly plant located outside of Germany.
- MBUSI is the state’s largest exporter, with more than $1 billion exported each year to countries throughout the world.
- Total annual production volume after expansion will be approximately 174,000 units (M-R-GL-C Class and 5th Vehicle) using flexible manufacturing technology.
- Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. was named a winner of the 2011 Automotive News Suppliers’ Choice Awards recognizing outstanding work in bringing innovations to market. It ranks North American automakers on their ability to support, foster and commercialize the suppliers’ innovations.
- Mercedes is Tuscaloosa County’s largest manufacturing employer.
- In September 2015, Mercedes announced a $1.3 billion expansion of its Tuscaloosa County facility to build its next generation luxury SUV that will be among the world’s finest and most technologically-advanced vehicles